Wednesday, June 08, 2011

NH



smoke at the NH two days ago





NH



smoke from horsesprings



This fire is making me sick! We spent the last few days over at the NH and the smoke was so bad. It looked like the fire was right there by the color of the smoke. It got really bad a few days ago that I just had this sick feeling of having it make it our way. Then that night two sheriffs came to the door and gave us a pre evacuation notice saying the fire isn't real close now but it could come this way in a hurry. I can not imagine what everyone who has that fire in there back yards are feeling like. It is a horrible thing. I hope they can get it under control!








5 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! I can't believe you might be evacuating! The fire is literally in Jordan's parents yard. Actually, we aren't positive the house is still standing, but haven't heard it isn't yet. So many memories! It is SO SO SO sad!

becky+cade said...

it's so scary!! i hope it doesn't come your way! it is a terrible feeling knowing there is nothing we can do to help. i just pray that they can start containing it & fast!

tricia said...

Kimberly, I've been sick with a pit in my stomach when I see the pictures. All so unnecessary. Though one doesn't have any control over drought or wind, one can thin the trees and keep the ground cleaned up through grazing. I'm afraid the bureaucrats would rather it burn than allow grazing or timber harvest. The landscape will certainly have changed when we get home. Love you and be safe. Don't take any chances.

Kristen said...

Is there anything that we can do to protect the new house, just in case? I'm so scared it will go that direction! Why don't you pack up the kids and come stay in town?--though it might not be much better here with all the smoke.

Honey Girl said...

We're praying it won't head your way! Those smoke pictures look like fire.