Thursday, August 07, 2008

RANCH LIFE

Colten on old Blue
Colten's first branding
Harvey and Jay farming at Horse Springs



Learning the branding technique

Taking a break
We have had an eventful, fun summer. Ranch work and the house have kept us busy along with family reunions, the 24th and other family events. It has been raining a lot and both ranches are so beautiful and green. This place is hard to beat when it is green! It has been so much fun to have our kids enjoy the lifestyle that Jay and I both had growing up. It is a kid paradise especially if you are a kid like Harvey who loves insects ,snakes, horny toads, frogs, trianchalas and what ever other thing he can come across. You can imagine what it is like keeping those out of my house. How we love little boys!



4 comments:

-Laura- said...

Those pictures are SO cute! That is so fun that your kids get to have those experiences. Kyle and I keep saying we need to move closer to the ranch so our kids can get involved with it!

Colten is getting big! What a cutie!

Kristen said...

I love all the pics. It sounds like the Heap reunion was fun--it's been one party after another for you guys:) We wanted to get everyone together for mom's b-day--are you guys going to be around?

The Richards family said...

This is the stories I heard about in college!! The pictures are so cute of your boys enjoying the ranch life just like you did. I always wanted to go visit where you grew up from the stories you told and now I am excited I get to see it in action from your blog!!

ms said...

I want to get up to the ranch this weekend to see you guys - are you gonna be there? Maybe Saturday? Mike made me late when we were on our way to the airport and I missed my flight!! (I could have socked him a good one) Anyhow, your pictures are cute, it looks like you had fun at the reunion. Can we please do the grocery race next year? I am serious. :)